With all the fresh seafood in the area right now, I wanted to share this favorite weeknight recipe!
Seared Scallops with Cauliflower Purée
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup cubed peeled Yukon gold potato
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon oil (olive, canola, etc.)
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until potato is tender. Remove from heat. Let stand, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Pat scallops dry with paper towels; sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Add scallops to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove scallops from pan.
- Pour cauliflower mixture in a blender. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, butter, and red pepper. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Serve puree with scallops.
This is from MyRecipes.com and can also be found online here: https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/seared-scallops-with-puree.