Mushroom Vegan Stroganoff
This healthy version of classic stroganoff is sure to impress your family and friends. Thank you Susan Pineau for sharing this delicious, healthy meal!
• 1-pound white button mushrooms
• ½ large onion, diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 cup of water or vegetable broth
• ½ cup white wine
• heavy splash vegan Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• ¼ cup vegan yogurt
• olive oil
• 2 tablespoons flour
• smoked paprika
• parsley garnish
• 1 package of noodles, cooked
• Heat a large pan, add olive oil.
• Add onion and garlic and sauté.
• Add a dash of salt.
• Add mushrooms to the pan and cook until brown.
• Add white wine, mustard and Worcestershire sauce to the pan.
• Scrape pan and let cook for a few minutes. Reduce sauce.
• Add flour.
• Slowly add water or vegetable broth to the pan.
• Add yogurt and paprika to taste.
• Continue stirring.
• Add noodles to pan, stir to coat.
•Add parsley garnish and serve.