It’s officially grilling season at my house! I wanted to share a quick and healthy burger recipe that you can easily throw on the grill after work. (It’s also delicious in a cast-iron skillet too.) Enjoy on top of a salad, on a traditional burger bun, or even on a chaffle!
- 2 onions – chopped finely
- 2 apples – chopped finely (I use either Granny Smith or Pink Lady)
- 1 lb. of ground chicken
- Neutral oil (vegetable or olive)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Get your outdoor grill started on medium heat.
- Add oil to a saute pan (you can do this on the grill or on your stovetop.)
- Add onions and apples and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 5-7 minutes, until soft.
- In a bowl combine chicken, onions, and apples.
- Season again with salt and pepper.
- Form into 4 burger patties.
- Either oil the grill grates or place an oiled piece of foil directly on the grill.
- Add burgers to the grill and cook on each side for 4-5 minutes, or to desired doneness