This gazpacho recipe is something I have “cooked” for many years and be warned… It makes a lot! So invite your friends over on a hot night and enjoy. It requires some chopping and stirring (it’s easy) and you can serve as an appetizer or main dish (it’s versatile). Serve cold with avocado and tortilla chips.
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 European cucumber, seeds removed
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, seeds and core removed (orange or yellow peppers are work)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Roughly chop all vegetables.
- Pulse each vegetable individually in a food processor or finely chop by hand into small, bite size pieces.
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl with tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Stir, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.