This gazpacho recipe is something I have “cooked” for many years and be warned, it makes a lot. So invite your friends over on a hot night (tonight!) and enjoy.
It takes very little time to make, just a few minutes chopping and stirring, and you can serve as an appetizer or main dish. Add your favorite toppings including sliced avocado, sour cream, queso fresco, creme fresh, lime wedges, or tortilla chips.
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 European cucumber, seeds removed
- 5 plum tomatoes
- 2 red peppers, seeds, and core removed (orange or yellow peppers are great too)
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar (white vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Roughly chop all vegetables.
- Pulse each vegetable individually in a food processor or finely chop by hand into small, bite-size pieces.
- Add all vegetables to a large bowl with tomato juice, olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper.
- Stir, cover, and refrigerate for a minimum of 12 hours.