I love a new recipe and EatingWell.com is one of my favorite websites to find something healthy to make. This is a quick, weeknight meal, that you can prep the veggies and protein for in advance. I used shrimp, but tofu, ground chicken, or thinly sliced steak, would all be great too. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1 1/2 t sesame oil
- 1 1/2 t rice vinegar
- 1 t maple syrup
- 1 t soy sauce or tamari
- 1 t water
- 1 1/2 t minced garlic
- optional red pepper flake
- 3 ounces of cooked protein
- 3 cups Boston or butter lettuce
- 1 1/2 c cooked brown rice
- 1/4 c shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 c julienned bell pepper
- 1/4 c shredded carrots
- 1/4 c julienned cucumber
- 1/4 c avocado
- fresh mint, green onion, and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl mix together the dressing of peanut butter, oil, rice vinegar, maple syrup, soy sauce, water, garlic, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Combine lettuce, protein, rice, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, cucumber, and avocado in a large bowl.
- Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Garnish with mint, sliced green onion, and sesame seeds.
The recipe from EatingWell can be found here.