While many are focused on Thanksgiving meal planning for next week, I thought it would be fun to share a favorite Mexican recipe! Not only does this feed the whole family, but it’s easy to make, and clean-up is a breeze because it’s all cooked in one pan. I found this dish on the Low Carb Nomad website, a great resource for low-carb and keto recipes. You can make traditional fajitas with flour or corn tortillas, use lettuce as a wrap, or make a fajita bowl. Use the toppings of your choice including lettuce, tomato, beans, corn, cheese, jalapeno, lime, or avocado… the options are endless!
- 3 peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the vegetables and chicken onto the sheet pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the spices on top of the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stir, and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check to ensure the chicken is fully cooked (to 160 degrees.)
The original recipe can be found here.