Are you looking for a new recipe to add to your weeknight meal rotation that is quick, easy, healthy, and flavorful? If so, this chicken curry sandwich may just be it! It also makes for great leftovers and lunch the next day. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced serrano chile
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt, divided
- 4 naan flatbreads (I used Stonefire multigrain), toasted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- Chopped fresh mint, for garnish
- Toss together cabbage, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high.
- Add chicken and break into large pieces with a wooden spoon.
- Cook, undisturbed, until bottom is lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Cook, stirring, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Drain chicken in a colander. (Do not wipe the skillet clean.)
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium.
- Add curry paste and chile; cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; stir to coat in curry paste mixture.
- Stir in 1/4 cup yogurt and remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat.
- Top flatbreads with chicken curry, cabbage mixture, onion, and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Garnish with mint; fold over.
You can find the original recipe here.