This is a healthy meal that can be made quickly by purchasing pre-cut broccoli florets and thinly sliced chicken from the grocery store. Serve atop rice, quinoa or salad and enjoy!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1.5 lbs broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup flour
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup stock (chicken, vegetable or whatever else you have available!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with foil.
- On the baking sheet, toss broccoli with 2T olive oil, 1/4t salt and 1/4t pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add flour, 1/2t salt and 1/2t pepper to a shallow bowl.
- Evenly coat chicken in flour and tap to remove excess.
- Heat 2T olive oil in skillet and add chicken once oil is hot.
- Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side, until light brown, and set aside.
- Remove broccoli from oven and add chicken to the baking sheet.
- Roast broccoli and chicken in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- While broccoli and chicken is cooking, slice one lemon into 1/2 inch pieces. Juice the other lemon so you have 4T of juice.
- Heat the skillet to medium, add 2 T olive oil and once hot, add the sliced garlic. Cook for 30-60 seconds, under garlic is cooked.
- Add lemon pieces, lemon juice and stock to skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the lemons soften and sauce thickens. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get up all the bits of flavor.
Serve the chicken and broccoli over rice, quinoa or salad and top with lemon sauce.