This is a healthy meal that can be made quickly by purchasing pre-cut broccoli florets and thinly sliced chicken from the grocery store. Serve atop rice, quinoa or salad and enjoy!
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced thinly
- 1.5 lbs broccoli florets
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup flour
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup stock (chicken, vegetable or whatever else you have available!)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with foil.
- On the baking sheet, toss broccoli with 2T olive oil, 1/4t salt and 1/4t pepper.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, add flour, 1/2t salt and 1/2t pepper to a shallow bowl.
- Evenly coat chicken in flour and tap to remove excess.
- Heat 2T olive oil in skillet and add chicken once oil is hot.
- Cook chicken 2-3 minutes on each side, until light brown, and set aside.
- Remove broccoli from oven and add chicken to the baking sheet.
- Roast broccoli and chicken in the oven for another 8-10 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
- While broccoli and chicken is cooking, slice one lemon into 1/2 inch pieces. Juice the other lemon so you have 4T of juice.
- Heat the skillet to medium, add 2 T olive oil and once hot, add the sliced garlic. Cook for 30-60 seconds, under garlic is cooked.
- Add lemon pieces, lemon juice and stock to skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the lemons soften and sauce thickens. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get up all the bits of flavor.