Food has always been a topic of conversation amongst our Acadia Benefits team. We love to share what we are eating, cooking, and drinking with each other! A few years ago we started putting some of our favorite healthy recipes here on this blog, where one of our team members provides details and instructions on a dish they have been making and enjoying at home. It’s been a lot of fun to see what people are cooking and also try out new recipes shared by our colleagues!
With the holidays upon us, we thought it would be fun to share some of the wine we’ve been enjoying. Did you know there are health benefits of drinking wine? Click here for a great article that shares 5 reasons why science says wine is good for you, including:
- Keep Your Heart Strong
- Reduce Risk of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Get Happier Gut Bacteria
- Boost Your Mood
- Ward Off Diabetes
The U.S. Dietary Guidelines recommend up to 1 drink per day for women, and up to 2 drinks per day for men. With moderation in mind, here are some wine recommendations from our team to enjoy this holiday season:
- Shelly Paules – Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
- Vicki Ferentz – William Hill Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- Catherine Desrochers – Justin Cabernet Sauvignon
- My two favorites include – Leo Hillinger Secco Rose and Kermit Lynch Cotes Du Rhone
Wine cocktails, using a bubbly wine of your choice (prosecco, cava, or any other sparkling wine you prefer) are also festive this time of year. Here are two different ways to enjoy:
- Susan Pineau – 2 parts sparkling wine, 1 part PAMA (or any pomegranate liqueur), and fresh pomegranate seeds
- Kate Malloy – sparkling wine, frozen cranberries, and garnish with fresh mint
Cheers to a healthy and safe holiday season from our Acadia Benefits team!