I am always on the hunt for a healthy, easy, weeknight meal that my kids will enjoy. I am excited to share this vegetarian recipe that I came across while shopping at Hannaford. Prep and marinate the cauliflower before work in the morning and you will have a delicious dinner ready to throw on the grill when you get home!
One important note – I had a lot of extra cauliflower pieces after slicing the steaks. We have a great recipe for Cauliflower Soup which you could make using the leftovers.
- 2 large heads of cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 4 T Moroccan spice blend
- 3 t lime zest
- 3 T lime juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups fresh cilantro
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 jalapeno, seeded (optional)
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 T olive oil
- Toasted almonds or pinenuts
- Trim leaves and stems from cauliflower, leaving cores intact. Slice each cauliflower into two or three 3/4″ slabs.
- Make the yogurt marinade in a small bowl by whisking together 1 cup yogurt with Moroccan spice blend, 2 t lime zest, 2 T lime juice, and 1/2 t salt.
- Spread marinade over the cauliflower steaks and refrigerate for 2-8 hours in a large baking dish or sheet pan, covered.
- Make the herb sauce by pureeing herbs, garlic, jalapeno (if using), water, 1 t lime zest, and 1 T lime juice, in a blender or food processor, until smooth. With the machine running, stream in oil, then transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill to medium-high, then clean and oil grates.
- Cook cauliflower, covered, until well marked and tender, 12 to 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- To serve, season the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt with salt and pepper.
- Spread yogurt onto a platter, then arrange cauliflower steaks on top, drizzle with herb sauce, and sprinkle with almonds or pinenuts.
Recipe from Hannaford fresh Magazine, May-June 2022. You can find other quick and healthy weeknight recipes on the Hannaford website here.