I am always on the lookout for an easy weeknight meal. And I love Asian-inspired dishes… so this recipe was one I had to try. I found this on BunsInMyOven.com which has fast, healthy, family-friendly meals. It took only 20 minutes to cook this hearty low-carb dinner!
- 1 lb. lean ground sausage (pork, chicken, turkey, or ground meat substitute)
- 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 T minced ginger
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 T toasted sesame oil
- Sriracha (or your favorite sauce) to taste
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage, stirring often to crumble, until fully cooked.
- Do not drain the meat and add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the wok. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the cabbage has softened.
- Remove from the heat. Add the green onions and sesame oil.
- Portion into individual bowls and top with Sriracha.
You can find the full recipe, including videos, photos, and notes, here.