This recipe was passed along from my dad and has always been a family favorite. It’s quick and easy for a weeknight meal and any white fish works well. My personal favorite is haddock and the dill provides a little “tang.” I hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as I have over the years.
- 2 T olive oil
- 1-1/2 lbs. white fish
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 T low-fat sour cream
- 1 T fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 425.
- Mix yogurt, sour cream, dill, and lemon juice in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pat fish dry and add fish to bowl and coat with yogurt mixture.
- Place fish in a shallow baking dish.
- Heat 2 T olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Saute chopped carrot, onion, celery, and garlic and cook until light brown.
- Add breadcrumbs and saute until golden brown.
- Top fish with toasted breadcrumbs and cook for 15-20 minutes.