Eating Well is one of my favorite spots for healthy recipes. With the colder weather upon us, this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is an easy weeknight meal. With the addition of store-bought rotisserie chicken, I hope this hearty and filling soup will soon be a go-to recipe for your family!
Ingredients – Serves 8
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large Dutch oven, heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and salt. Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add flour and whisk into vegetable mixture.
- Whisk in broth and milk and bring to a boil.
- Add uncooked noodles, stir, and cover.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente noodles.
- Add chicken and peas and cook until both are warmed through.
Recipe can also be found here.