This cauliflower soup recipe has quickly become a weeknight favorite around the office at Acadia Benefits. It is simple to make and the perfect dinner for a cold night. Serve with a salad and fresh bread and you have quick meal that is sure to impress your family and friends!
Minestra di Cavolofiore
- Olive oil
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into medium dice
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced finely or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup marinara sauce (any jarred pasta sauce will do)
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup ditalini (any small pasta will do)
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan and extra virgin olive oil to serve
- Heat 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a heavy bottomed stockpot or dutch oven.
- Add cauliflower and brown, stirring frequently for 10 or so minutes.
- Add onion and cook until translucent.
- Add garlic and cook for another minute, stirring frequently.
- Add bay leaves, marinara sauce, stock and season heavily with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or so until soup begins to thicken. Test for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- While soup is cooking, cook pasta according to directions.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Serve soup over pasta with Parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Also great with any fresh herbs you have on hand and croutons.