We are in full swing at our house with school, fall sports, and a busy work schedule! Finding a quick, healthy, easy-to-make, mid-week meal can be a challenge when life has us running in all directions.
I hope you will enjoy this taco skillet recipe – packed with fresh veggies, beans, and your choice of ground meat, it has been enjoyed many a night by our family!
- 1 tbsp olive oil1 small bell pepper, cored, diced
- 1/2 large onion, peeled, diced
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 12 oz ground beef, turkey, or veggie meat crumbles
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup canned diced tomato, drained
- 1/4 cup Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and onions and cook until slightly softened about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, meat, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently and breaking beef up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes. Top with cheese and cover until melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with tortilla chips, over lettuce, or roasted spaghetti squash. Top with hot sauce if desired.
Please find this recipe, along with other great healthy options, here.